Logan Johnson
If all I get during A Hard Day's Night is 88 minutes of watching the adorable Fab Four run around England and singing some of their catchiest tunes, I'll take it!
The year is 1964 and Beatlemania has hit the world. The very first scene is the group running from a crazed, rabid pack of girls that would do anything to get their hands on their obsession. In fact, we hear a lot of the screaming and crying that one associates with the Beatles (or more recently, Justin Bieber -gag-).
George, John, Paul and Ringo have hit it big time, but still seem like down to earth Scousers that are living the dream. They spend the whole time being wrangled in by their annoying, parentlike handlers, Norm and Shake (Norman Rossington and John Junkin) who were modelled after their own managers. But all these boys want to do it have fun, get some drinks in, and spend some time with the ladies. Unfortunately, Paul's grandfather (Wilfrid Brambell), who's very clean, needs a change in scenery though he doesn't get much. "But so far, I've been in a train and a room, and a car and a room, and a room and a room." That's about as far as the plot goes, but that's okay, anything more and it would be forced. Instead, I feel like I'm watching some of my guy friends (when they don't that a girl's around) acting like fools.
These day's no one would ever make a movie like A Hard Day's Night and that's a damn shame. The movie isn't encumbered by plot thickeners or too much dialogue or even color. It's based around some Liverpudlians and the music that we all love.
0 Responses

Post a Comment